To Our Pros,
We are so proud of the way our pros have responded to the COVID-19 crisis, performing essential work to keep homes up and running. We have heard amazing stories of innovation and creative solutions to keep your businesses open and keep people employed. We have heard touching accounts of pros going above and beyond to help people in need.
We have also been working hard on your behalf. Since the start of the pandemic here in the U.S., HomeAdvisor has been advocating for home service providers, first by asking Congress to provide relief and protection directly to America’s local home services professionals amid the COVID-19 pandemic and then by meeting (virtually) with our lawmakers to ensure your unique needs are being considered and stories are being heard.
Congress authorized additional funds for essential small business relief programs such as the Paycheck Protection Program. Importantly, Congress allocated $60 billion in support for small businesses through SBA approved lenders and small regional banks as a part of this reallocation. We are appreciative of the Colorado senators who worked with us to ensure this was part of the most recent congressional action. As a reminder, the Paycheck Protection Program could help you and your company obtain loans to help with payroll, paid sick leave, costs related to continuation of group healthcare benefits during periods of leave; employee salaries; mortgage payments; and any other debt obligations.
However, we know the work in Washington D.C. is not over and impacts due to COVID continue to affect you, your business and your community. Thank you for helping to keep our communities safe and secure, and we’ll continue advocating for you with our nation’s lawmakers.
Helpful Tips for Pros During COVID-19
- Seek alternatives to in-person meetings, use the HomeAdvisor Pro app, phone, email, or direct message to connect with homeowners.
- Ask homeowners if they have a preferred way of communicating to share details about their projects. For example, video calls within the HomeAdvisor app, Facebook, Facetime, WhatsApp, or Google Hangouts will be an excellent way to share visual information and hold first meetings with customers.
- Photos go a long way. Use the HomeAdvisor app and text messaging to request photos from customers to better understand their project needs.
- Utilize digital payment tools to help reduce contact, like the HomeAdvisor Pay tool.
- Take the step to update your HomeAdvisor profile with any new measures or procedures you are taking, or any company updates like new hours of operation.
Above all, we want you to know we value you and are here to help you. This is a rapidly evolving situation, and like you, we are monitoring it daily. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns. For additional resources, visit our HomeAdvisor Pro COVID Resource Center.
Craig Smith, President, HomeAdvisor